Back from its success in 2012 as an all around simple kite for just about everyone is the free ride 2013 Cabrinha Vector. The Vector is a performance 3 strut kite in a simple minimalist package. With the Vector there is nothing getting between you and an amazing Kitesurfing experience. The hybrid design is perfect for universal riding. That means its perfect for surf, freestyle, or wakestyle. The vector has a robust construction, using all the same materials and components in our much higher end kites. We’ve stripped down the non-essentials, giving you the option to upgrade as you feel necessary.
· Stability and Park and Ride simplicity
· 3 strut design
· amazing relaunch
· direct line bridling
· quicklink ids equipped
· new airlock valve for much faster inflating
New for 2013:
· Airlock valve has a new coaxial hose attachment that allows you to directly attach the hose to the valve with only a quarter turn
· Sprint Clamps have been improved for a more positive closure
· The size and weight of the stainless steel bridle guides have been reduced
· Line Manager allows each time you wind your lines onto the control bar you can attach the ends of the lines to the line manager in sequence.
2013 Quicklink Control System Features:
· Double Barrel Tubing- One of the features allowing us to internalize everything is the dual chamber PU tubing. The protective PU tube allows us to run the depower mainline and the IDS landing line through the center of the bar without the risk of abrasion or tangling.
· Floating Bar Ends- The EVA ends are buoyant enough to float the entire control system with lines attached thus making the bulky floats on the leader lines unnecessary. The tips have flex grooves which aid in the bending of the tips while winding your lines onto the bar or while steering your kite. The line winders have been lowered yet again to be directly in line with the bar itself. This keeps the ends from bending while winding your lines. The result is a more positive line hold.
· Internal Swivel- QuickLink boasts an internal swivel which allows the rider to manually unspin any twists in their lines. The IDS landing line and depower main line spin in unison eliminating the possibility of tangling.
· Spinning Leash- The leash can rotate freely around the harness loop
· Removable Security Pin- The centrally located security pin is easily removable for those who would like to ride unhooked. The center location of the pin also serves to reduce foul hooking.
· Secondary QR- located below the main QR the secondary QR allows the rider to completely disconnect from their kite if the situation calls for it. As a safety precaution, we’ve designed it so that the secondary QR can’t be activated until after the main QR is activated first.
· Recoil + Ergonomic Trim Adjusters – one of quicklink’s defining features is the recoil trim adjuster. Recoil keeps the trim adjusters in the same position every time. Even after you’ve depowered the kite, recoil will return he trim adjusters to the exact same position for easy operation. In 2013 Cabrinha modified the trim adjustment handles to deliver a more positive grip making them handles now instead of the previous balls.
· Quick Release- The main QR has been improved in 2013 to allow for a simple and easy re-connection on land or water. To reconnect, simply push the QR up until it catches on the hook, Insert the pin through the tower and cover the pin with the QR.
· New Flying Lines- In 2013 we have improved the finish of our flying lines in order to reduce stretch. The improved finish also makes the separation of your lines effortless.